Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
REEM REEM is offline

Default word failed reading from this file

I get this message everytime I try to open a Word document on my Windows XP
Office 2003 Word:
Microsoft word failed reading from this file..
any advice is appreciated
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thomas Thomas is offline

"Reem" wrote:

I get this message everytime I try to open a Word document on my Windows XP
Office 2003 Word:
Microsoft word failed reading from this file..
any advice is appreciated

I got the same problem as well. I am using Windows XP (2002 SP3). There are
some Word files when I open them up, they said "Word failed reading from this
file (xxxx.doc). Please restore the network connection or replace the floppy
disk and retry". I have never saved the files to any floppy disk, or not
store in any network drive. Any comment is appreciated.