Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Karin Karin is offline

Default 2007 Customization

Hi - Over the past couple years I've created custom macros and toolbars (in
word and excel) for my company. Some are deployed to a few individuals, some
to a lot of people. Some are very simple macros that make life easier and
tasks faster. None of them make any sense when you attach an unrelated
symbol to them on the QAT. (This is probably one of the most frustrating
aspects of the ribbon.) I'd like suggestions on how to handle this in 2007.
Is it best to customize the ribbon (can I share this customization?) or ???
I've looked at P. Schmid's RibbonCustomizer, but can't determine if the
results are able to be shared with others. I no longer have 2003. (I plan to
post this on the excel site as well, sorry if that confuses anyone.)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

I would customize the ribbon and share the customization using template
AddIns. See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm

"Karin" wrote in message
Hi - Over the past couple years I've created custom macros and toolbars
(in
word and excel) for my company. Some are deployed to a few individuals,
some
to a lot of people. Some are very simple macros that make life easier and
tasks faster. None of them make any sense when you attach an unrelated
symbol to them on the QAT. (This is probably one of the most frustrating
aspects of the ribbon.) I'd like suggestions on how to handle this in
2007.
Is it best to customize the ribbon (can I share this customization?) or
???