Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

Default Placing table around text

I would like to place a table around selected text, with columns in between
spaces between words. I was able to figure out how to place a simple table
around selected text, but couldn't figure out how to get columns inserted as
well. See the linked photo:

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ietermswy4.jpg

I would like all those words to be inside their own cell, with columns
separating each word from each other.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the text and use Table | Convert | Text to Table. In the dialog,
select "Other" for "Separate text at" and type a space in the box. Make sure
that Word's idea of how many columns the table should have matches the
number of words in each line (in this case, 7, but you'll need to put a
nonbreaking space [Ctrl+Shift+Space] between "He" and "Carries," "Classical"
and "Greek," "Old" and "Irish"). Then click OK.

"Paul" wrote in message
I would like to place a table around selected text, with columns in

between
spaces between words. I was able to figure out how to place a simple

table
around selected text, but couldn't figure out how to get columns inserted

as
well. See the linked photo:

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ietermswy4.jpg

I would like all those words to be inside their own cell, with columns
separating each word from each other.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
paul paul is offline

You guys are awesome.

I explored TableInsert, but not TableConvert. Now I did have to go into
the bottom of the window that popped up, and tell Word to Separate Text at
"Other," and then use the spacebar. But that gave me a nice table that was
easy to clean up.

Thanks.