Emmweb

Default Changing formatting

If I want to change everything in a document with one type of formatting to
another, is there a quick-and-easy way to do this? For example, everything in
my document that has "Heading 1" formatting, I want changed to "Heading 2"
formatting.

TIA,
Emma
Greg Maxey

CTRL+a to select all then applyh heading 2 formatting.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Emmweb wrote:
If I want to change everything in a document with one type of
formatting to another, is there a quick-and-easy way to do this? For
example, everything in my document that has "Heading 1" formatting, I
want changed to "Heading 2" formatting.

TIA,
Emma

Jay Freedman

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:45:03 -0800, Emmweb
wrote:

If I want to change everything in a document with one type of formatting to
another, is there a quick-and-easy way to do this? For example, everything in
my document that has "Heading 1" formatting, I want changed to "Heading 2"
formatting.

TIA,
Emma

Hi Emma,

In the Replace dialog, click the More button. Put the cursor in the
Find What box. Click the Format button and select Style from the
popup. Click on the style you want to change, "Heading 1" in your
example, and click OK.

Now put the cursor in the Replace With box, and repeat the Format
Style, this time picking the replacement style such as "Heading 2".

Leave the boxes themselves empty; the chosen styles will be shown
below the boxes.

Click the Replace All button to change all the headings from 1 to 2.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman