Thmastr

Default locked document

When I try to type, in a new or old document, I can't. It says "This
modification is not allowed because the document is locked." I did not lock
them, and it has not always been like this, it worked fine before. What do I
do?
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 16:33:04 -0800, "Thmastr"
wrote:

When I try to type, in a new or old document, I can't. It says "This
modification is not allowed because the document is locked." I did not lock
them, and it has not always been like this, it worked fine before. What do I
do?

First, make sure you have activated your copy of Office (see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=293151). What happens if you click
Help Activate Product?

If that isn't it, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/LockedFiles.htm