Rick

Default Hyperlink field codes show up in document

Hi:
I copy and paste hyperlinks into a Word 2003 document. Save. When I open
it in a day or so, hyperlink field codes show up. However, cannot get rid of
them by clicking off anything suggested in this thread so far.

Here is a example:
The 1960's. 5 April 2005 HYPERLINK
"http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/brisas/sunda/decade/1960.htm"
http://www.kyrene.k12.az.us/schools/...ecade/1960.htm .

Unfortunately, this does not show the little boxes that appear. There is
one before the word HYPERLINK, two boxes before http, and one after htm [not
the one with the " " around it.

Any ideas would be helpful. This is on a Citrix network using WinXP Prof.
Thanks
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Rick,

As this is a new thread, not quite sure what you're
referring to but use Alt+F9 to toggle between
fieldcodes and results display in a Word document
and check the settings in Tools=Options=View

========

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

Rick

Alt+F9 does not work for these. Other links in the document do work and I
can see/hide the { }, but where the { or } is on the non-working links like
the one that I copied and pasted, there are little boxes.
Any ideas?
Rick

"Rick" wrote in message ...
[...]

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Rick,

What is the source of the hyperlinks you're pasting?
It could be a language or font issue or an AOL hyperlink
causing it.

If you use Edit=Paste Special when pasting from the source
what is the default paste format coming up and what happens
if you use unformatted text?

In Tools=Autocorrect options is the option turned on to
convert links to hyperlinks?

========
"Rick" wrote in message ...
Alt+F9 does not work for these. Other links in the document do work and I
can see/hide the { }, but where the { or } is on the non-working links like
the one that I copied and pasted, there are little boxes.
Any ideas?
Rick
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Charles Kenyon

Assuming you actually have the language for Word field codes, you could
recreate them by replacing the boxes with actual field braces. You would
manually select the text between two boxes and press Ctrl-F9 to insert a
pair of field braces. Then delete the boxes. Press F9 and see what happens.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Rick" wrote in message
[...]

Rick

Hi Bob:
The sources are URLs from anywhere on the Internet. My students are
creating Works Cited pages in Word for a project.

The default paste format is unformated unicode text.
Unformated text has the same result, that is, copy URL from the Address
line, paste it into a Word doc, press enter several times to change it from
text to URL link.

Yes, the option is turned on to convert links to hyperlinks.
Thanks
Rick

"Rick" wrote in message ...
Alt+F9 does not work for these. Other links in the document do work and I
can see/hide the { }, but where the { or } is on the non-working links like
the one that I copied and pasted, there are little boxes.
Any ideas?
Rick
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Rick

Hi:
I tried your idea, however, I cannot manually select the text between the
boxes. The cursor just jumps to the beginning or end without highlighting.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Rick

"Rick" wrote in message
[...]

MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF THE SAME BOOKMARK IN A USER FORM Carol Microsoft Word Help 20 October 3rd 06 12:41 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Can I show the docproperties of a document next to it's hyperlink. Tom_Illingworth Microsoft Word Help 5 February 2nd 05 01:30 AM
Hyperlink bug Jimbo Microsoft Word Help 0 February 1st 05 07:15 PM
Text Form Field Ref in Footer Won't Update on Screen StarWine Microsoft Word Help 3 December 6th 04 06:17 PM