cls

Default skipped mail merge records

I am trying to create a mail merge directory in Word 2002 from an access data
source. I didn't like the templates available in word, so I stuck out on my
own. I made a table with the headings desired. In the first row, I placed in
the merge fields. On the second row, I entered the next record command and
all the same information. When I checked to see if it would pull all of the
people (there is a total of 11), only three records showed up. When I clicked
show next record, it did, but then only 2 showed up. I clicked again, and the
next one came up and then back to three records showing. I tried merging into
a new document, and it still didn't get all the records. Is there something I
am overlooking?
Graham Mayor

As you have discovered what you are trying to do will not work. Do not use
next record fields in a directory merge. Simply put a single row table in
your merge document (no header row), put your fields in that row then merge
to a new document. Add the supplementary information you require - eg the
column headers - to that document following the merge.