Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DavidH DavidH is offline

Default mail merge problems.

Greetings WORD folk,

This also posted to document management group)

I desire to do a mail merge from a WORD document using merge data from
a WORD table to email.
My email client is Eudora. And word version is the one that is included
in Office 2003.
Merge to a new doucment works fine.
Merge to printer works fine.
BUT
Merge to email looks like it is working
I get a "Word is merging recond ##"
messge that increments up from 1 to 203, the number of emails that I
desire to send.
Then the messge bar changs to "done".
However the merged records do not appear to be anywhere,
not in the out box of the email clinet (Eudora),
not in Outlook Express, nor in Outlook.
A google desktop search for the text in the merged document fails to
find these
expected emails anywhere.
In control panel/settings/internet options my mail program is set to
Eudora,
any and all help greatly appreciated.
David Hill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It is a few years since I tried to do a merge to e-mail via Eudora (I used v
5.2.1). It did work, but
a. merging to HTML definitely did not work then (I believe it requires a
MAPI interface that Eudora did not, or does not, implement). So you probably
have to choose plain text or attachment.
b. are you able to select Eudora as the e-mail client in Internet Explorer
Tools|Internet Options|Programs?
c. as far as I can remember, Eudora has various options for working with
MAPI - you may need to find them and make sure that Eudora has been
MAPI-enabled.

This also posted to document management group)

I'm not in that group, so if this answer helps you sort out your problem,
please post this reply back there to make sure no one wastes their time
thinking about this problem.

Peter Jamieson

ups.com...