Michael Bernstone

Default How do I change the fields that Word brings to an envelope addres.

When I use the drop down to produce an envelope in Word from Contacts in
Outlook, I am not getting all the fields that I need for a complete address.
I want to add the company name to the address and delete the country from the
information that is retrieved from Microsoft Outlook Contacts file.

How do I fix this permanently?

I don't find a KB article for 2002, but "HOW TO: Modify the Layout of an
Address Book Entry in Word 2000" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=212345)
gives identical information, as do KB clones for other versions, and I have
no reason to think this has changed in Word 2002 or 2003.

"Michael Bernstone" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See €œWD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry€
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=134901

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Michael Bernstone" wrote

in
message ...
When I use the drop down to produce an envelope in Word from Contacts

in
Outlook, I am not getting all the fields that I need for a complete

address.
I want to add the company name to the address and delete the country

from
the
information that is retrieved from Microsoft Outlook Contacts file.

How do I fix this permanently?

Graham Mayor

You could download the envelope templates from my web site which
automatically access Outlook

or

Copy the following exactly and save as an autotext entry called
AddressLayout (all one word)

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

(note the curly brackets are not field boundaries, but are typed from the
keyboard)

Michael Bernstone wrote:
This doesn't work!! I am using Word 2002 and when I make the changes
per the reference, nothing happens.

Michael Bernstone

See "WD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry"