Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Glenn

Default Markup Problem

I was just wondering how you turn off Markup mode from being automatically
enabled when starting Word 2003? Currently, every document I open has it
enabled by default in the View menu, and I'd rather have the option to enable
it on my own, when needed. This basically slows me down since oftentimes I
just want to print a document after opening it and then close it.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

If there are no tracked changes or comments in your document,
then Final view would look the same as Final Showing Markup view.
Word 2002 and 2003 open in Final Showing Markup view to let you
know that your document contains tracked changes and/or comments,
and to save you possible grief from inadvertently sending the
document out that way. But if you really want to turn this
feature off, you can by clicking on Tools | Options | Security |
uncheck the "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving"
box | OK.

Glenn wrote:

I was just wondering how you turn off Markup mode from being automatically
enabled when starting Word 2003? Currently, every document I open has it
enabled by default in the View menu, and I'd rather have the option to enable
it on my own, when needed. This basically slows me down since oftentimes I
just want to print a document after opening it and then close it.

Thanks!

Problem with maximized Word window matero Microsoft Word Help 2 April 4th 06 06:04 PM
Borders problem M Page Layout 2 February 8th 06 08:28 AM
Wordwrapping problem when Korean fonts used micro420 Microsoft Word Help 0 August 10th 05 09:56 PM
Attaching Expansion Pack to Word Documents - Puzzling Problem Jose Microsoft Word Help 1 March 3rd 05 10:14 AM
markup TopofBest Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 04 11:55 PM