Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default end of page autoformatting skips lines

Try turning off widow and orphan control (found on the line and page breaks
tab of the paragraph dialog).

PamC

Crazy_Eyed_J wrote:
This drives me absolutley crazy! I have Word 2003. At the bottom of pages,
the autoformat will leave big gaps if it decides that lines from a paragraph
would be lonely at the bottom by themselves while the rest of the paragraph
is on the next page. For example, I'm coming to the end of a page and type
out a paragraph 4 lines long. Rather than leaving 2 lines on this page and
putting 2 on the next, the damn thing pushes the whole paragraph onto the
looks terrible and gives me formatting nightmares. The end of one page looks
like the end of the whole document because there's a huge empty space at the
bottom. How do I tell this damn program that I know more about what I want
than it does?! THANKS