Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ailea Ailea is offline

Default How do I see all the documents I've opened recently?

Hi! I downloaded a Google document (exported it to Word) and typed two or
three more pages, saving all the while. But now I don't know where the file
went--I assume it was saved as some sort of temporary internet file with a
wacky name? A computer search and file search have both turned up nothing.
I'm hoping there's some way to see all the files I've used recently. At the
time, I didn't have the "Show recent files" option under the File menu turned
on.

So, is there a way for me to view all the Word documents I've opened in the
past few days and find the one I need? Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ivanwalsh ivanwalsh is offline

Hello,

A suggested workaround is to:

1. create a new file in google called it Findme

2. download it to your PC as you did the last time.

3. Save it as Findme.doc

4. Then, search your PC for Findme.doc

Your old file will probably be in the same folder.

Regards,

Ivan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See this article: http://www.gmayor.com/outlook_attachments.htm. Although it
was written for Outlook, the general principles still apply, since documents
opened via an Internet connection are created in a temporary files folder.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP