Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ray ray is offline

Default Line Spacing

Can someone tell me how to set up Microsoft Word so when I hit return I don't
get:

This is the first line.

This is the second line.

I want to get:

This is the first line.
This is the second line.

I want to use single spacing after hitting return. I set up single spacing
on the paragraph dialog but I still get double spacing.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Display the Styles pane, for example by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. Click the
Manage Styles button. On the Set Defaults tab, specify "Single" for "Line
spacing," and make sure that "Spacing before" and "Spacing after" are both
set to zero. Before clicking OK, select "New documents based on this
template."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP