Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kevin Bilbee Kevin Bilbee is offline

Default Leading whitespace in data being stripped out

We just upgraded from Office 2000 to 2007 and our merge data that started
with a tab character now seems to be ignoring\striping the leading tab
character. This character is used for formatting.

How do I get office 2007 to not ignore\strip leading whitespace characters?

Kevin Bilbee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I would suggest that you put the tab in the appropriate place in the mail
merge main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kevin Bilbee" wrote in message
We just upgraded from Office 2000 to 2007 and our merge data that started
with a tab character now seems to be ignoring\striping the leading tab
character. This character is used for formatting.

How do I get office 2007 to not ignore\strip leading whitespace
characters?

Kevin Bilbee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kevin Bilbee Kevin Bilbee is offline

OK my bad. Sometimes ther is data infront of the tab. So placing the tab in
the document will not work.

The places this happens we are prefomatting multi-line data so it will wrap
properly on the page.

Any other suggestions?

Kevin Bilbee

I would suggest that you put the tab in the appropriate place in the mail
merge main document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kevin Bilbee" wrote in message
We just upgraded from Office 2000 to 2007 and our merge data that started
with a tab character now seems to be ignoring\striping the leading tab
character. This character is used for formatting.

How do I get office 2007 to not ignore\strip leading whitespace
characters?

Kevin Bilbee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

To be honest, I can't remember which types of data source used to preserve
white space at the beginning of fields, but what type of file is your data
source?

Peter Jamieson

"Kevin Bilbee" wrote in message
We just upgraded from Office 2000 to 2007 and our merge data that started
with a tab character now seems to be ignoring\striping the leading tab
character. This character is used for formatting.

How do I get office 2007 to not ignore\strip leading whitespace
characters?

Kevin Bilbee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Check Word Tools|Options|General|"confirm conversions at open", go through
the process of connecting to your database again, and select the DDE option
when offered.

Peter Jamieson