Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
STOP AND INSERT TEXT STOP AND INSERT TEXT is offline

Default what is the code to STOP and jump to "insert text" throughout a fi

I have a text file but need to insert different names, etc. throughout the
file. Is there a code to do this so that I can jump from place to place AND
STOP in order to INSERT INFORMATION. I have Office Home and Student 2007.
Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

STOP AND INSERT TEXT wrote:
I have a text file but need to insert different names, etc.
throughout the file. Is there a code to do this so that I can jump
from place to place AND STOP in order to INSERT INFORMATION. I have
Office Home and Student 2007. Thank you.

No code is needed. You can use the Find dialog (Ctrl+F) to find the next
place. Then click in the body of the text -- the dialog will stay on
screen -- and insert whatever you need. Click the Find Next button in the
dialog to jump to the next location.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That assumes that there is something logical to jump to. You can jump to
most items in Word such as footnotes, sections, headings, edits, page
numbers, bookmarks, etc, etc. But if there is nothing logical about where
the names need to be inserted, then it becomes tricky. So more information
is needed before we can give a definitive answer.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
STOP AND INSERT TEXT wrote:
I have a text file but need to insert different names, etc.
throughout the file. Is there a code to do this so that I can jump
from place to place AND STOP in order to INSERT INFORMATION. I have
Office Home and Student 2007. Thank you.

No code is needed. You can use the Find dialog (Ctrl+F) to find the next
place. Then click in the body of the text -- the dialog will stay on
screen -- and insert whatever you need. Click the Find Next button in the
dialog to jump to the next location.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I would guess that you are a migrant from WordPerfect. There is nothing in
Word exactly equivalent to WP's stop codes, but there are several similar
features that you can use depending on your needs:

1. Form fields. These include text box fields, check box fields, and
dropdown fields. Once you have inserted them where you want text entered and
protect the document for forms, you can Tab from one to the next. For more
on this, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and
especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to.

2. MacroButton NoMacro fields. These are fields that can display a prompt
such as "Type first name here." You click on them and type; the field
disappears and is replaced by the typed text. You can use F11 to advance
from one field to the next. For more on these, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm

3. UserForms: These are like Word's "wizards." They provide data entry forms
when a new document is created. The user fills in the required fields and
clicks a button to dismiss the form, and the entered data is automatically
inserted in the required locations in the document. For more on this, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm and/or
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

http://word.mvps.org