Leroy

Default Problems exporting access to word

I've created a macro in Access 2003 that when ran, it takes a report and
sends it to outlook in a word .rtf format to be emailed. Whenever I do this
though, the report that normally just fills a page when viewed, takes an
extra like 4
lines so part of the report is on the next page. Now I was thinking it might
be the borders on the word document, but when I "export" the report to a .rtf
file, instead of using "sendto", the report looks fine in the document. I am
lost as to why the report would come out one way with "sendto" and another
way with "export". Anyone know why or a way to fix this. I can currenly
export the word document and then attach it to the email, but would prefer
the sendto option so the email can already be set up for the customer and
they can just type the name of the person they want to send it to and hit
send to simplify things.

I've posted the problem on the access forum, but was told that this is a
world problem, and that I needed to post here.

V/R
Leroy

Anne Troy

Leroy... skip the Outlook part for now. Are you saying that when you export
this report to Word RTF format, it takes an additional page?

Also... you're sending the RTF as an attachment, correct?
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Leroy" wrote in message
[...]

CyberTaz

Hi Leroy-

Your post gives no indication of how the Access Macro is constructed, but
you should be able to output the Report as an Attachment rather than as
message content.

If that is what you are doing, the one suggestion I would make is to send
the Report using Snapshot Format rather than RTF. It will look identical to
the Access preview/print, be the same # of pages, be a smaller file, print as
it looks in Access, and can't be edited by the recipient.

HTH |:)

"Leroy" wrote:

[...]

Leroy

Anne,

I would like to say thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. You
are correct in both cases. Just the way that the information gets exported is
different in the two cases which I spoke about the "sendto" and just simply
"export". The sendto function allows the report to be exported and attached
to a template email, so the user just types in the email address and hits
send. Whenever I use the sendto function, the .rtf document that normally
only takes up one page, grows in size to around 1 1/4 pages. So if I have a
three page document, then every other page would only have 1/4 page of info,
then the rest would be blank. If I were to export the report as an .rtf then
manually attach it to an email without using the sendto function, the pages
look fine.

"Leroy" wrote in message
[...]

Leroy

CyberTaz,
I apologize about that, the macro is just a one step SendObject
function, which sends out the report in a .rtf format in an email as an
attachment. I am trying to avoid making the user out the report to a .rtf
file then manually attach it to an email and typing in the text of the
message. The only problem I have with the Snapshot format is that the
attachment needs to be edited by the recipients. It goes to several
suprervisors before going to the boss. They need to be able to modify the
information at any point before they send it up. So the document does need to
stay modifiable, but thanks for the info. I will definitly remember that
option in future projects.

Leroy