Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cat Nichols Cat Nichols is offline

Default lost text in merge

I'm losing text from the end of a field in my Word merge from my Excel file.
It seems to let me have about 48 or so words and then the rest is gone.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. Have a look at http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm and for the moment you
probably need to use the "DDE" option. The limit is likely to be "255
characters" rather than a certain number of words.

Peter Jamieson

"Cat Nichols" Cat wrote in message
I'm losing text from the end of a field in my Word merge from my Excel
file.
It seems to let me have about 48 or so words and then the rest is gone.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

From information posted by a fellow contributor, Peter Jamieson, I
understand that Word looks at the first 8 or so records in the data source
to determine the type
of data in each field. If there is no field in any of those 8 or so records
that contains
more than 255 characters, that field in all subsequent records will be
truncated at 255 characters.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Cat Nichols" Cat wrote in message
I'm losing text from the end of a field in my Word merge from my Excel
file.
It seems to let me have about 48 or so words and then the rest is gone.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cat Nichols[_2_] Cat Nichols[_2_] is offline

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It worked and saved me much time and effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

1. Have a look at http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0003.htm and for the moment you
probably need to use the "DDE" option. The limit is likely to be "255
characters" rather than a certain number of words.

Peter Jamieson

"Cat Nichols" Cat wrote in message
I'm losing text from the end of a field in my Word merge from my Excel
file.
It seems to let me have about 48 or so words and then the rest is gone.

Text field lost in merge Robert McN Mailmerge 1 March 12th 07 06:19 PM
Comment text highlighting lost after merge Smhall Mailmerge 3 August 15th 06 05:32 PM
Merge gets lost ...? TerryC Mailmerge 6 October 25th 05 12:48 AM
I have lost my lost the "Insert Auto Text" in Header/Footer Jim Henderson New Users 5 April 8th 05 12:22 AM
when i scroll after copying some text, the copied text is lost Parasuraman Microsoft Word Help 0 March 21st 05 12:25 AM