Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Look2TheSky2 Look2TheSky2 is offline

Default Merge Table breaking across pages

How can I stop my table from slipping apart when it reaches the end of a
page. I would prefer the table to be complete on the next page before I
accept it being in two parts between two different pages. I have already
removed the check to allow rows to break across pages. It still does even
withthis optionis unchecked.

The table is the destination document for a directory type mail merge
document. It uses data from an external Excel database based on recipient
filters in Word's mail merge options. Each row of data is represented in an
individual table. Since it's a directory type merge, itis intended for
several records to be represented on one page ... so, their will be several
tables on each page.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

Jennifer
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Have you tried formatting the paragraphs inside the table in the mailmerge
main document so that they are kept together?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Look2TheSky2" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Look2TheSky2 Look2TheSky2 is offline

Thanks so much Doug for your reply. I was starting to think my project was
doomed. So ... if I understand what you are advising, I have ...
- highlighted all the cells of my table which forms the destination document
of my mail merge
- select FormatParagraphLine & Page breaks,
- check only the box "Keep Lines Together"
- merge my records into the document (create new document)

The result is unchanged. I am still getting on table wrapping over to the

:-(

Jennifer