Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
xj6jj xj6jj is offline

Default Mail merge doc with fill-in field code

My customer has a Mail Merge Word doc with 4 fill-in field codes. When the
document is merged together and presented, there are no toolbars and I cannot
figure out how to make them appear. Mail merge docs with no fill-in fields
present fine.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Reports (e.g. by Ed, a contributor to this group) suggest that this can
occur when
a. the merge is automated (e.g., run from an Access application)
b. Word is not visible before the merge starts

Ed's suggestion was that the automation code should
a. make the Word application visible (this actually helps fix a slightly
different problem)
b. activate the Word application
c. do the merge
d. activate the Word application (or perhaps document - I'm not sure)

Peter Jamieson

"xj6jj" wrote in message
My customer has a Mail Merge Word doc with 4 fill-in field codes. When
the
document is merged together and presented, there are no toolbars and I
cannot
figure out how to make them appear. Mail merge docs with no fill-in
fields
present fine.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
xj6jj xj6jj is offline

Thank you! Your description of when this can occur describes my process
exactly, so I will try the recommended suggestions.