Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jacqueline Jacqueline is offline

Default Text wrap in Word 2007 text fields

In a form I am developing the text fields will wrap, however they begin
pushing the text in the priovious table column the the left as they wrap the
text until there is no room the the first column. The difficulty is the
amount of text in each field will always vary?? What am I doing wrong?

I don't recall having this trouble in 2003. I checked the text wrapping
property and it is set to true, and also played with the multi-line, which
placed each letter on its own line which is werid?
Thanks
--
Jacqueline
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 16:00:00 -0800, Jacqueline wrote:

In a form I am developing the text fields will wrap, however they begin
pushing the text in the priovious table column the the left as they wrap the
text until there is no room the the first column. The difficulty is the
amount of text in each field will always vary?? What am I doing wrong?

I don't recall having this trouble in 2003. I checked the text wrapping
property and it is set to true, and also played with the multi-line, which
placed each letter on its own line which is werid?
Thanks

When the columns are at the widths you want, click in the table; select the
Layout tab under Table Tools on the ribbon; click the AutoFit button in the Cell
Size group; and choose Fixed Column Width. That will prevent added text from
changing the cell widths, and instead will make the cell longer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jacqueline Jacqueline is offline

Thanks Jay, do not know why I did not think of that myself. This worked
perfactly...
--
Jacqueline