Dean Morbeck

Default Integrated procedure for document control,including electronic sig

I direct laboratories that use hundreds of forms and procedures. These
documents must be read-only. Different users are assigned to review the
documents at given intervals - with changes tracked and then reviewed by
myself. Right now, they open the doc, make the changes, and save the file in
their own "Final" folder for me to review the changes. Once I complete the
review and finalize editing, I save a new read-only version that I digitally
sign. The laboratory then prints this new version and keeps a hard copy in
the lab in case we can't access procedures electronically. They also initial
that they reviewed the final copy.

Problems I have encountered include:
1. I have the date and time in the footer so that I know when the doc was
printed - but this prints as a tracked change.
2. Digital signatures - I would like the staff to digitally sign the
document as well, so I do not have to keep old hard copies to prove that they
reviewed the earlier documents. I'm having difficulty with dig sigs - I
don't have a verified one yet myself, have difficulty finding out how to get
one, and would like the signatures to appear on the printed page.
3. I would like read-only docs to open without prompting as read-only. Like
an acrobat file?

Thanks