Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dennis Hughes

Default Adding Tabs Fron One Line to Entire Doc

I set the tabs for one line and added multiple lines and the tabs didn't
transfer to cover the entire doc.

How do I copy tabs from one line to the entire doc?

Thanks,

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Luc

Tabs are related to the paragraph. If you have tabs that you want to copy
from one paragraph to another paragraph you could use the format painter
icon. Select the paragraph marker in which the tabs reside, click on the
format painter, select the other paragraph or for that matter all the other
paragraphs and the tabs should be added.
This method will copy all of the paragraph settings not just the tabs I'm
afraid. So what you could also do is select all your paragraphs, go to
Format - tabs - click on remove all to clear all the tabs, then set your
tabs for the entire document and OK out.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
I set the tabs for one line and added multiple lines and the tabs didn't
transfer to cover the entire doc.

How do I copy tabs from one line to the entire doc?

Thanks,

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
RajKohli

Press Ctrl+A to select entire document. See the ruler. Your previous tab will
grey out. Just click them once again and tab will apply to the entire
document. Depends on your formatting, inserting tab after the writing can
disturb the alignment of your document.

Hope this information helps you, let us know!

"Dennis Hughes" wrote:

I set the tabs for one line and added multiple lines and the tabs didn't
transfer to cover the entire doc.

How do I copy tabs from one line to the entire doc?

Thanks,

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dennis Hughes

That works one tab at a time. thanks.

In Word 2002 I used to press a ctrl and a letter key, then select the entire
doc and than a Ctrl V or another letter. I tried a couple of combos and
none worked.

Dennis

"Dennis Hughes" wrote:

I set the tabs for one line and added multiple lines and the tabs didn't
transfer to cover the entire doc.

How do I copy tabs from one line to the entire doc?

Thanks,

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
garfield-n-odie [MVP]

Select a paragraph with the desired tab stops, press Ctrl+Shift+C
to copy the formatting of the selection, press Ctrl+A to select
the entire document, and press Ctrl+Shift+V to paste the
formatting to the selection.

"Dennis Hughes" wrote:

I set the tabs for one line and added multiple lines and the tabs didn't
transfer to cover the entire doc.

How do I copy tabs from one line to the entire doc?

Thanks,

Dennis

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dennis Hughes

Gar,

I owe you a beer! Caddy's on Treasure Island, FL. Any evening!!

Thanks a bunch,

Dennis

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...