Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nanodream

Default Is it possible to have the header on the first page only?

I fax from my desktop all the time, and wish to have our company header &
footer on the first page only. My work is usally inserted images on the
remaining pages, so I don't need headers / footers for those shets...Is this
possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

In File Page Setup, on the Layout tab, check the box for "Different
first page". Put your header and footer on the first page, and put
nothing in the headers of the other pages (or delete it if it's
already there).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 15 May 2006 13:08:02 -0700, Nanodream
wrote:

I fax from my desktop all the time, and wish to have our company header &
footer on the first page only. My work is usally inserted images on the
remaining pages, so I don't need headers / footers for those shets...Is this
possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nanodream

That is what I thought, but it keeps giving me the opposite of what I want;
it deletes the headers & footers on the first page, and keeps them on the
rest.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You have to copy your existing Header into the First Page Header and then
delete it from the Header.

"Nanodream" wrote in message
That is what I thought, but it keeps giving me the opposite of what I

want;
it deletes the headers & footers on the first page, and keeps them on the
rest.

page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
header margins...help! tyectk Tables 8 November 8th 05 04:26 PM
Preventing deletion of header Jag Man Microsoft Word Help 10 August 11th 05 09:14 PM
section breaks change each time opening document Dave Microsoft Word Help 6 March 21st 05 11:01 AM
Page Number and Page header on the first page Frank Drost Formatting Long Documents 3 March 1st 05 02:17 PM