Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Frustrated May Grad

Default Pagination variations

In a 10 Chapter document, I must paginate:

Title Page (counted as page "i." in lower case Roman numerals, but the
numeral is not typed on the page.)

Table of Contents (enter page "ii." at the bottom of the first page and
continue consecutively numbering subsequent pages in lower case Roman
numerals up to the beginning of the text in Chapter I.)

List of Illustrations and Charts (if any).

List of Tables (if any).

Preface

Text of the paper begins with Chapter I. (Begin numbering pages with Arabic
numerals throughout the balance of the entire paper, including the last page
of the Index. The page number is entered at the bottom of the first page of
each new chapter; in the upper right-hand corner of all other pages.)

I can't figure out how to make Word 2003 do everything that is required.
Help please.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

The article at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm
will guide you through most of what you need to do. The article at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm should cover the rest.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Frustrated May Grad wrote:
In a 10 Chapter document, I must paginate:

Title Page (counted as page "i." in lower case Roman numerals, but the
numeral is not typed on the page.)

Table of Contents (enter page "ii." at the bottom of the first page
and continue consecutively numbering subsequent pages in lower case
Roman numerals up to the beginning of the text in Chapter I.)

List of Illustrations and Charts (if any).

List of Tables (if any).