Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janice914 Janice914 is offline

Default Unlocking a form

I have a word document that is a form that was created with 97-2003. Now we
are working with the new Word version and I don't know how to unlock the
form. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Janice914 wrote:
I have a word document that is a form that was created with 97-2003.
Now we are working with the new Word version and I don't know how to
unlock the form. Can anyone help?

The long way around: On the Review tab of the ribbon, click the Protect
Document button and choose Restrict Formatting and Editing. When the pane
appears on the right, click the Stop Protection button at the bottom (and
supply a password if one is needed).

The short way, after a one-time setup: Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar
and choose Customize. Set the category dropdown to Commands Not In the
Ribbon. Click on the Lock command and click the Add button, then OK. Click
that button on the Quick Access Toolbar once to unlock, and again to lock
the form.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ashby T. Ashby T. is offline

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

The long way around: On the Review tab of the ribbon, click the Protect
Document button and choose Restrict Formatting and Editing. When the pane
appears on the right, click the Stop Protection button at the bottom (and
supply a password if one is needed).

What if the default setting is already "Unrestricted Access" (in spite of it
still being a clearly locked form) and clicking prompts me to install a
Windows Rights Management client? I created and locked the form (on this same
machine and this version of Word and Windows) myself a couple of weeks ago.
How do I restore my own access in order to edit?

The short way, after a one-time setup: Right-click the Quick Access Toolbar
and choose Customize. Set the category dropdown to Commands Not In the
Ribbon. Click on the Lock command and click the Add button, then OK. Click
that button on the Quick Access Toolbar once to unlock, and again to lock
the form.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ashby T. wrote:
"Jay Freedman" wrote:

The long way around: On the Review tab of the ribbon, click the
Protect Document button and choose Restrict Formatting and Editing.
When the pane appears on the right, click the Stop Protection button
at the bottom (and supply a password if one is needed).

What if the default setting is already "Unrestricted Access" (in
spite of it still being a clearly locked form) and clicking prompts
me to install a Windows Rights Management client? I created and
locked the form (on this same machine and this version of Word and
Windows) myself a couple of weeks ago. How do I restore my own access
in order to edit?

I'd guess in that case that your document file has been damaged in such a
way that Word "thinks" it has been locked by the Rights Management
software -- which is an entirely different mechanism than Word's forms
protection.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm for suggestions, but
I doubt you'll be able to recover that document intact.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
simbu[_2_] simbu[_2_] is offline

If you need network unlock code you can get the unlock code here
'Wicked Unlock.com- Unlock Your Phone'
(http://www.wickedunlock.com/unlock-your-phone/rs11wp2/) It provides
unlock code and instructions....By using this you can unlock easily...

--
simbu
simbu's Profile: 1653

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Again, cell phone unlock codes have nothing to do with unprotecting forms in
Word. Please go away!

http://word.mvps.org

"simbu" wrote in message

If you need network unlock code you can get the unlock code here
'Wicked Unlock.com- Unlock Your Phone'
(http://www.wickedunlock.com/unlock-your-phone/rs11wp2/) It provides
unlock code and instructions....By using this you can unlock easily...

--
simbu
simbu's Profile: 1653
View this thread:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...d.php?t=137693

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php

locking and unlocking a form Alexandra Microsoft Word Help 4 February 10th 09 06:10 PM
Unlocking a form Denise S New Users 1 July 20th 07 01:37 AM
Insert a picture into the form without unlocking the form? mkoski Microsoft Word Help 1 October 18th 06 06:31 PM
unlocking a form in word skateblade Microsoft Word Help 2 November 5th 05 04:01 PM
Why is unlocking my form is not an option? conimaj Microsoft Word Help 0 September 12th 05 04:28 PM