Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Enna Enna is offline

Default Track and trace

I have received a document that has been through the track and trace. It is
filled with format changes, so can I, in any way, accept just the formatting
changes in one stroke? I normally tick off the formatting, but it does not
work, once they are there. Hope someone understands my question, because the
document is rather difficult to work with when all the formats are marked
several times each line.
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To get rid of the markup, accept all changes in the document and then turn
off Track Changes. If you are using Word 2003, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...l#AcceptReject.
In Word 2007, you'll find the corresponding commands on the Review tab.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Enna" wrote in message
I have received a document that has been through the track and trace. It is
filled with format changes, so can I, in any way, accept just the
formatting
changes in one stroke? I normally tick off the formatting, but it does not
work, once they are there. Hope someone understands my question, because
the
document is rather difficult to work with when all the formats are marked
several times each line.
Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Enna Enna is offline

Thank you. I know that, but I have to keep the track and changes for further
use. It is just the formatting I want to get rid of. I use version 2007

"Enna" wrote in message
I have received a document that has been through the track and trace. It is
filled with format changes, so can I, in any way, accept just the
formatting
changes in one stroke? I normally tick off the formatting, but it does not
work, once they are there. Hope someone understands my question, because
the
document is rather difficult to work with when all the formats are marked
several times each line.
Thank you

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Enna Enna is offline

Thank you. I know that I can tell the program not to show the formatting
changes. But this article, I have received from two authors, who have both
corrected the manuscript, and they did not turn off the format tracking. I
have to preserve the text changes, so I can just not accept all changes. But
again thank you for trying.

On Mar 22, 6:37 am, Enna wrote:
I have received a document that has been through the track and trace. It is
filled with format changes, so can I, in any way, accept just the formatting
changes in one stroke? I normally tick off the formatting, but it does not
work, once they are there. Hope someone understands my question, because the
document is rather difficult to work with when all the formats are marked
several times each line.
Thank you

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

I think you have missed the intepretation of the the responses you got.
What you can do is turn off the show of all others options EXCEPT
formatting, then accept/reject these. Then turn off showing formatting and
turn on the texting options.
Hope this helps
DeanH

On Mar 22, 6:37 am, Enna wrote:
I have received a document that has been through the track and trace. It is
filled with format changes, so can I, in any way, accept just the formatting
changes in one stroke? I normally tick off the formatting, but it does not
work, once they are there. Hope someone understands my question, because the
document is rather difficult to work with when all the formats are marked
several times each line.
Thank you

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sorry, I misinterpreted your question.

As Peter and Dean have explained, you can (temporarily) hide all markup but
the formatting (in Word 2007, you do that via Review tab | Show Markup), and
then accept all changes shown (click Review tab| Accept | Accept All Changes
Shown).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Enna" wrote in message
I have received a document that has been through the track and trace. It
is
filled with format changes, so can I, in any way, accept just the
formatting
changes in one stroke? I normally tick off the formatting, but it does
not
work, once they are there. Hope someone understands my question,
because
the
document is rather difficult to work with when all the formats are
marked
several times each line.
Thank you

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

This is not one step, but...
In W2007, go to Review tab, tracking group, show markup. Clear the check
boxes before everything _but_ formatting. (But leave all authors/reviewers
checked). In the changes group,click the arrow below "accept". Then click
" accept all changes shown".

I recorded a macro when I used W2003 to do this in one step. It does not
record properly in W2007; though the 2003 macro works in both W2007 & 10.
I'll post it when I get to my computer.

Pam

Enna wrote:
Thank you. I know that I can tell the program not to show the formatting
changes. But this article, I have received from two authors, who have both
corrected the manuscript, and they did not turn off the format tracking. I
have to preserve the text changes, so I can just not accept all changes. But
again thank you for trying.

You can tell it to not display the formatting changes. In Word2007,
it's an option under the "Show Markup" dropdown.

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Enna Enna is offline

Thank you all. I have simply overlooked the review tab - as had my
colleagues. But now it works.
Enna

Enna wrote:
Thank you. I know that I can tell the program not to show the formatting
changes. But this article, I have received from two authors, who have both
corrected the manuscript, and they did not turn off the format tracking. I
have to preserve the text changes, so I can just not accept all changes. But
again thank you for trying.

You can tell it to not display the formatting changes. In Word2007,
it's an option under the "Show Markup" dropdown.

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmm, I thought the ribbon interface was supposed to make it easier for
people to "discover" Word's features. g

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP