Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Table behavior..

Hi ?B?S2luZCB3cml0ZXIvdXNlci9wcm9ncmFtbWVy?=,

Probably, the document's internal structures were already a bit muddled, and
adding an additional style made it blow. Just a guess... You've tried saving to
HTML, and lost most of that huge table, you say.

How about saving to XML, does that give you anything different?

About the only other idea I have that wouldn't involve recreating that complex
table would be to open a document that will at least SHOW you the table
on-screen, then do a Print Screen to capture it in a graphic. You could then
copy/paste the TEXT into a new file and insert this graphic in lieu of the
actual table.

I've attached a template and have been applying styles to a 50 page document
that has maybe 30 figures and 30 tables. The first page is a massive table
that looks like an engineering drawing. About half way thru the doc, I
defined a new paragraph style NOT in a table and the application went into
some kind of ballistic mode and reformatted ALL the tables in the document
such that the display showed rows and cells resizing independently. I
couldn't interrupt the operation, and then the system hung.

I closed out of Word, reopened and recovered the doc under a different name.
Now, no matter which version of the doc I open, I get the error message that
a table is corrupt, "odd" number of pages in this document (sometimes 8
pages, or 3 pages,or 130 pages) and each row became a separate 1/2 inch wide
table separated by a paragraph mark.

Tables in 2003 behave differently than those in previous versions of
Office/Word (a 18 year FT user for my job). What is with the 'text box'
behavior of tables (the white resize grab boxes in the corners of a table)?

What caused this outrageous unrecoverable behavior? Upoon opening
eitherversion of the document, a dialog displays one of the tables has become
corrupt...

I already tried the MVP suggestion to save as web page, and only get the
first 3 rows of the front page. I didn't touch or redefine any of the styles
in that first table....

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Resources for Long Document Management Jason Langkamer-Smith Microsoft Word Help 9 January 17th 05 08:17 PM
Copying a Table Into a Table Karen Microsoft Word Help 1 January 14th 05 03:06 PM
Table Issues Karen Microsoft Word Help 4 January 5th 05 07:43 PM
Word 2003 Table AutoFormat vs Macro vs VBA Kind writer/user/programmer Tables 1 October 28th 04 03:14 PM
WORD TABLE FORMULAS Forms BigWylie1 Tables 3 October 28th 04 12:13 AM