Phillip

Default Indexing problem...

I don't know you folks and we don't know if you know the answer to this
question, MS Word GURUS.* It involves orphan index page numbers
appearing in an MS Word index.

We've tried to remove these entries and their corresponding XE tags, but
the regenerated-updated index still picks up the old page numbers for
the removed index item/entry and continues to display them in the "new"

Is there a fix for this problem that perhaps involves a hidden file such
as a concordance file?* Does Word generate a hidden standard index file
that contains a 2-column table for index entries and corresponding page
numbers? If so, where is it so we can KILL it!* Or, we would at least
like to modify it to force it to show what we want...

-phillip

PALO ALTO, CA
USA