Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
ES

Default Headers don't appear in print layout view, do in print preview

Hello,
I'm working on a large document, trying to strip out all the direct
formatting and replace it with styles. I've picked this document up from one
that's been through many hands. I have W2003, others had a variety of
earlier versions including Word for Mac. The first thing I did was accept
the changes in the "track changes" and turn tracking off.

I can't see the headers and footers. These are crucial as they are graphics
and I need to set the page margins so things fall properly. I'm taking out
scores of empty paragraphs and setting margins, style spacing, etc. The
headers do show up in the uneditable "print preview", just not in the print
layout view. I also don't seem to be able to see them with "edit headers
and footers".

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
garfield-n-odie

In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | check the "White space
between pages" box | OK.

ES wrote:

Hello,
I'm working on a large document, trying to strip out all the direct
formatting and replace it with styles. I've picked this document up from one
that's been through many hands. I have W2003, others had a variety of
earlier versions including Word for Mac. The first thing I did was accept
the changes in the "track changes" and turn tracking off.

I can't see the headers and footers. These are crucial as they are graphics
and I need to set the page margins so things fall properly. I'm taking out
scores of empty paragraphs and setting margins, style spacing, etc. The
headers do show up in the uneditable "print preview", just not in the print
layout view. I also don't seem to be able to see them with "edit headers
and footers".

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
ES

Thanks for replying. I tried this after seeing it posted to another
question, but it wasn't the problem. It turns out the problem was the
background images were turned off in the options. It's always easy once you
find the answer... ;-)

Thanks again for helping.