Foyeti23

Default Document slow

I have a specific document that I frequently make changes to and whenever I
type in certan areas of the form, the program freezes momentarily. It's only
for a few seconds but it happens frequently and makes it hard to work with
the document. Is there any reason that would cause these freezes? There are
no formuals or anything on the form, just some very basic tables. Anyone
have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Shauna Kelly

Hi

It sounds like there might be some corruption in the document. Follow the
steps in the following article to create a new document file to hold your
content:

How can I recover a corrupt document or template - and why did
it become corrupt?

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Foyeti23" wrote in message
I have a specific document that I frequently make changes to and whenever I
type in certan areas of the form, the program freezes momentarily. It's
only
for a few seconds but it happens frequently and makes it hard to work with
the document. Is there any reason that would cause these freezes? There
are
no formuals or anything on the form, just some very basic tables. Anyone
have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Genine

Sometimes when you're working in tables they can appear to freeze. This is
because Word is trying to update the display. Go to Table Properties
Options and uncheck the automatically resize to fit contents option.
That should help with the display freezing.
Genine