Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Barry

Default Removing a horizontal line in Word xp sp3

I have apparently autoformated a horizontal line across my doc that
stubbornly refuses to be deleted.

I wanted only to put double dashes part way across the page but it
expanded from margin to margin and I can't figure out how to removef
it.

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of it and what to set so
that I don't do it again?

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Tony Jollans

See the article at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...tRidOfLine.htm

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Barry" bbasden_at_copper_dot_net wrote in message
I have apparently autoformated a horizontal line across my doc that
stubbornly refuses to be deleted.

I wanted only to put double dashes part way across the page but it
expanded from margin to margin and I can't figure out how to removef
it.

Can someone please tell me how to get rid of it and what to set so
that I don't do it again?

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Barry

Thanks for the tip. I've turned most of that stuff off, which IMO
should be the default postion.

Barry