Thatdampwood

Default Mailmerge wont see Added Excel Data source Columns

Word 2000 mailmerge document has had two merge fields added to accommodate
two new columns in Excel data source. Invalid Merge Field error refers to one
of the new fields 'This merge field is used in the main document, but it does
not exist in the data source.'

Well it does!

The data is in custdata.xls in sheet1 in a named range 'custdata'

Any ideas why additional fields not being picked up?
Thatdampwood

Note that the Word dialog listing the data in the source xls file continues
to display old information ( I removed the named range from the workbook,
dialog shows it as still present with a modified date of a couple of weeks
ago).

I wish to standardise on naming practices and leave original books/sheets
and ranges even when the data fields change. How do I break the connection to
the old data without changing filenames?

"Thatdampwood" wrote:

Word 2000 mailmerge document has had two merge fields added to accommodate
two new columns in Excel data source. Invalid Merge Field error refers to one
of the new fields 'This merge field is used in the main document, but it does
not exist in the data source.'

Well it does!

The data is in custdata.xls in sheet1 in a named range 'custdata'

Any ideas why additional fields not being picked up?

Peter Jamieson

Not sure I have completely understood, but...

How do I break the connection to
the old data without changing filenames?

Go into the MailMergeHelper, click Create, then choose Restore to Normal
Word Document

Peter Jamieson

news