NedF

Default How to mail merge with a folder option?

We are using Word 2003 with a Minolta CF-5001 color copier. The Fiery model
is an S300 50C-K v1.1. The copier has tri-fold ability. The problem we are
having is getting the copier to fold each individual letter in a merge.
Right now the copier will attempt to tri-fold all pages in the merge document
together. I'm not sure if this is a Word problem, a Fiery driver problem or
ignorance on my part. Apart from sending each merged page individually does
any one know how to make Word or the print driver recognize that each letter
within the merge should be handled separately? We have the problem whether
we merge to a document or directly to the printer.

Thanks.

Ned Forster
Doug Robbins

Execute the merge to a new document and then with that as the active
document, run a macro containing the following code. It will send each
letter to the printer as a separate print job so that each gets folded
separately.

Dim i As Long
For i = 1 To ActiveDocument.Sections.Count
ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:="s" & i, To:="s" & i
Next i

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"NedF" wrote in message
[...]

NedF

Hi Doug,

Thanks for this. It is a step in the right direction. The macro does
indeed break out the letter individually. However, only the first letter
gets sent to the Fiery queue with the right print settings. We have
duplexing, tri-fold and 8.5"x11"R paper selected as print options. The first
page prints fine all the rest print duplex, but lose the tri-fold and
8.5"x11"R settings. I confirmed this by sending the merge job to the hold
queue and checking the documents. Any thoughts on why these settings get
lost after the first page?

Ned

"NedF" wrote in message
[...]

NedF

Doug,

Never mind. Iwas trying to configure the settings in the merged
document instead of the actual merge document. When I set the merge document
up correctly it works fine. Thanks for your help on this. You have made a
lot of people happy....including the folks who sold us the copier!

Ned