Tman

Default scheduling a mail merge to run once a month

Hi I am using windows XP And Office XP. I have a document created in
Microsoft Word called Monthly News.doc . It is obviously a monthly newsletter
for my company. Each month I send it out as a mail merge to 250 people on my
mailing list. I have a macro called Send_news that automatically prints this
merge out.

I want to schedule this event so that it runs automatically on the 30th of
each month whether I am there or not. I want it to open the document monthly
news and start the macro called send_news and then close word when it is
completed.

Do I need visual basic for this or could I just make the macro run
automatically whenever the document is opened and use windows task scheduler
to open it on the 30th of the month.
Thanks

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG1hbg==?=,

This isn't something I've ever done, and I have serious doubts whether it wuld
work reliably. Word really wasn't designed to work without supervision. However,
you would need to create an EXE file in VB (for example) for this. I don't know
of any way to assign a document macro to be scheduled.

Hi I am using windows XP And Office XP. I have a document created in
Microsoft Word called Monthly News.doc . It is obviously a monthly newsletter
for my company. Each month I send it out as a mail merge to 250 people on my
mailing list. I have a macro called Send_news that automatically prints this
merge out.

I want to schedule this event so that it runs automatically on the 30th of
each month whether I am there or not. I want it to open the document monthly
news and start the macro called send_news and then close word when it is
completed.

Do I need visual basic for this or could I just make the macro run
automatically whenever the document is opened and use windows task scheduler
to open it on the 30th of the month.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org