woodhatch

Default "ASK" and repeated bookmarks

I need to place a reference number in several places on a merge document. I
have used the "ASK" statement and put in the bookmarks and it appears on the
merged document. But the format is the same for all so if the number appears
in the header and needs to be size 14, the field will be the same throughout
the document.
I know it will change because I have a merge doc that does it, but I can't
control it.
How do I get it to format how I want it?
Greg Maxey

Try the *\Charformat swith.

Say your bookmark name is RefNum. Use the field { RefNum *\ Charformat }
and apply the desired formatting to the firest character "R" in the field.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support