Doug Coleman

Default mail merge page range

I created a 75 envelope mail merge for holiday cards. When I select Print,
nothing happens. When I select print current page, everything is fine, but I
will have to do this 75 times. When I select Print page range , and then
enter , for example, 1-10, nothing prints. I don't get an error message, or
anything. I beleibve that the software thinks it has printed. I have a dell
5150 with an hp d135 connected via USB. Al printing functions work correctly
on normal documents. I did detect and repair on the installation
Doug Coleman

Interesting that when you search for help on printing mail merge documents
you are brought to the office ten disscussion page, instead of the mailmerge
and fax discussion. After I posted my question, I read the answer here.
Problem solved (each envelope is a section and a page). Voila!

"Doug Coleman" wrote:

I created a 75 envelope mail merge for holiday cards. When I select Print,
nothing happens. When I select print current page, everything is fine, but I
will have to do this 75 times. When I select Print page range , and then
enter , for example, 1-10, nothing prints. I don't get an error message, or
anything. I beleibve that the software thinks it has printed. I have a dell
5150 with an hp d135 connected via USB. Al printing functions work correctly
on normal documents. I did detect and repair on the installation

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

There's also the very common issue of people failing to actually execute the
merge and just looking at a pre-view of the result and as a result only
getting one page to print when they select print.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP