Tony1958

Default printing labels; print preview fine but printer just formfeeds...

Using Microsoft Word MailMerge to print a bunch of labels. When I try to
print a page, it looks find in the "print preview" but when I actually try to
print all I get is a form feed (blank sheet). Any ideas?
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Try printing the labels to plain paper. If that works OK, then it's a paper
(label) feed problem with the printer. Not an uncommon problem with some
printers.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Tony1958" wrote in message
Using Microsoft Word MailMerge to print a bunch of labels. When I try to
print a page, it looks find in the "print preview" but when I actually try

print all I get is a form feed (blank sheet). Any ideas?

Tony1958

Problem is the same regardless of paper loaded into printer. It may have
something to do with selectively choosing the target recipients via the
MailMerge wizard. In particular, if I print out the entire data file
(several sheets of labels) then the hardcopy comes out as expected; it's
whenever I try to "pick and choose" particular addresses that I get only a
formfeed. I also tried to print out a regular MS Word file via the printer,
that worked fine. So I don't think it's a printer problem, rather a problem
with how I've set up the mail merge....

Tony1958

"Tony1958" wrote in message
Using Microsoft Word MailMerge to print a bunch of labels. When I try to
print a page, it looks find in the "print preview" but when I actually try

print all I get is a form feed (blank sheet). Any ideas?

How do I print file folder labels without printing grids? trees Microsoft Word Help 1 January 4th 05 09:25 PM
print labels only john Microsoft Word Help 2 December 16th 04 07:56 AM
Printing labels Jeff Mailmerge 8 December 7th 04 11:14 PM
preview of labels in Word do not show outline of labels anymore makingfaces Microsoft Word Help 2 December 1st 04 01:32 PM
Why won't labels print correctly using Avery J8163? Poppy Mailmerge 2 November 30th 04 05:49 PM