sandra

Default International characters in mail merge

I have a data table that I use for making mailing labels in mail merge. Some
of the fields contain Greek characters. In previous versions of word, these
characters have always merged and printed. I now have 2003. The table has the
Greek characters. When I am in the mail merge process and pick the list I
want to merge from, the Greek characters show as little boxes (and print on
my label as little boxes.) How can I get the Greek characters to show here?

(FYI- If I copy and then try to paste the Greek characters.. if I say keep
destinatin or source formatting, I get Greek characters. If I say text only I
get little boxes.)

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

From the Tools menu in Word, select Options and then on the General tab,
check the box against the "Confirm conversions at open" item. Then when you
connect to the data source, you will be given a number of options for the
method of connection. Try the various options and see if one of them
overcomes the problem - it will probably be the connection via DDE one.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP