Rashid Khan

Default Mail Merge from Excel

Hello All,
I am using Office XP and have a 100+ Columns worksheet (Master.xls) with
Headers in A1, B1......such as Name, LastName, etc etc in and relevant data
starting from A2, B2.....

I wish to generate about 20+ letters from Master.xls.

How can I go about this.

I know how to mail merge.. but I was wondering if this process can be
automated at click of a button???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
TIA

Rashid

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

VBA can be used to do all sorts of things, but for what sounds like a simple
mail merge, I doubt that it would be worth the effort.

--
Please post any further questions or followup to the newsgroups for the
benefit of others who may be interested. Unsolicited questions forwarded

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Rashid Khan" wrote in message
Hello All,
I am using Office XP and have a 100+ Columns worksheet (Master.xls) with
Headers in A1, B1......such as Name, LastName, etc etc in and relevant

data
starting from A2, B2.....

I wish to generate about 20+ letters from Master.xls.

How can I go about this.

I know how to mail merge.. but I was wondering if this process can be
automated at click of a button???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
TIA

Rashid

Rashid Khan

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Yes I am aware VBA can do wonders .. especailly by all u gurus in the NG.
I have created the mail merge files.. but the group of people using are
absolutely new to MS Word.
Is it possible to make a Master.doc in Word.. when it opens .. it should
show about 20 Command Buttons on a Blank Page.. each with the relevant name
of the files to be merged.. and when each button is clicked it merges the
Data from Master.xls file???

If u can help with something on the above line.. I will be very grateful

Thanks again
Rashid
[...]

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Yes, I would do that with a Userform with a command button on it for each of
the files that you want to merge, or a listbox that displays all of the
files and then when the user selects the one that they want to merge, they
would click on a command button that would open that document and execute
the merge.

To get started, see the article “How to create a Userform” at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

Also, do some browsing through the Visual Basic Help file by typing in
things like ActiveDocument.MailMerge and then press F1 to bring up help on
the subject.

That's how I learnt to do things.

[...]

Rashid Khan

Hi Doug,
I visited the link u suggested and thanks to u I learned something new.

I searched the NG for approprite code to open a relevant file when the
commandbutton is clicked...but did not succeed ..

Can u help me with one pls
Rashid