Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Craig Fletcher

Default No header on first page

Hello,

I would like to be able to NOT include the header on just the first page of
my document, because I want the first page to be the Table of Contents. Any
advice?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Greg Maxey

FilePage SetupLayoutHeaders and FootersDifferent First Page

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Craig Fletcher wrote:
Hello,

I would like to be able to NOT include the header on just the first
page of my document, because I want the first page to be the Table of
Contents. Any advice?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Craig Fletcher

Great! I went out to the Word MVP page after reading other posts and figured
this out. Greg, I should have done this in the first place. Bad Netiquette
on my part.

However, I have another issue... so I figured out a different header on
first page, but I want different margins on the first page as well,
specifically smaller ones, so I have more room for a fairly lengthy TOC. I
tried the MVP site, but was unable to find something.

Thanks in advance!

Craig

Craig Fletcher wrote:
Hello,

I would like to be able to NOT include the header on just the first
page of my document, because I want the first page to be the Table of
Contents. Any advice?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Greg Maxey

Craig,

You will have to use a Section Break (InsertBreak). Then set your margins
in the first section as needed.

--

Craig Fletcher wrote:
Hello,

I would like to be able to NOT include the header on just the first
page of my document, because I want the first page to be the Table
of Contents. Any advice?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Charles Kenyon

File Page Setup Layout
Check "different first page"

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Craig Fletcher" wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to be able to NOT include the header on just the first page
of my document, because I want the first page to be the Table of Contents.
Any advice?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Charles Kenyon

Nope, no section break needed if you are trying to do what I suspect you
are. Use textboxes in the header on the first page to mimic different
margins.

See Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Hope this helps,
--

Craig Fletcher wrote:
Hello,

I would like to be able to NOT include the header on just the first
page of my document, because I want the first page to be the Table of
Contents. Any advice?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Craig Fletcher

Cool... I will try this! Now if you can answer my other post you would truly
be my hero! I asked Microsoft and they told me "this is not an option"

Craig Fletcher wrote:
Hello,

I would like to be able to NOT include the header on just the first
page of my document, because I want the first page to be the Table of
Contents. Any advice?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Greg Maxey

True, Forgot about that.

--

Craig Fletcher wrote:
Hello,

I would like to be able to NOT include the header on just the
first page of my document, because I want the first page to be
the Table of Contents. Any advice?

Thanks!

page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
header margins...help! tyectk Tables 8 November 8th 05 04:26 PM
Header Moves to next page..I want it to stop. Roberta Microsoft Word Help 2 August 19th 05 09:46 PM
Preventing deletion of header Jag Man Microsoft Word Help 10 August 11th 05 09:14 PM
section breaks change each time opening document Dave Microsoft Word Help 6 March 21st 05 11:01 AM