Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Octavee Uhl

Default Formatting the Endnotes Style

Hello,

I have a word XP document with endnotes at the end of the document. I want
to have the endnotes indented, but it seems to not let me create a style. If
I want to change the style, it tells me something like 'underlying
properties' and I can not change the paragraph style.
Is there any way to change this style or solve that problem other than
manually formatting it?

Thanks
Octavee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Octavee Uhl

When I try to change the paragraph settings of the endnote style it is
greyed out and not changeable.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You should be able to modify the Endnote Text style.

so
all may benefit.

"Octavee Uhl" octavee (no spam) @ gmx.net wrote in message
Hello,

I have a word XP document with endnotes at the end of the document. I
want
to have the endnotes indented, but it seems to not let me create a style.

If
I want to change the style, it tells me something like 'underlying
properties' and I can not change the paragraph style.
Is there any way to change this style or solve that problem other than
manually formatting it?

Thanks
Octavee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

That's because you're probably trying to change Endnote Reference style (a
character style) instead of Endnote Text.

"Octavee Uhl" octavee (no spam) @ gmx.net wrote in message
When I try to change the paragraph settings of the endnote style it is
greyed out and not changeable.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
You should be able to modify the Endnote Text style.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Octavee Uhl" octavee (no spam) @ gmx.net wrote in message
Hello,

I have a word XP document with endnotes at the end of the document. I
want
to have the endnotes indented, but it seems to not let me create a

style.
If
I want to change the style, it tells me something like 'underlying
properties' and I can not change the paragraph style.
Is there any way to change this style or solve that problem other than
manually formatting it?

Thanks
Octavee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Octavee Uhl

Endnote is a charav=cter style. But there is no style called Endnote Text.
Should I just set this one up or copy it from another template?

Thanks
Octavee

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

There are two built-in styles in Word: Endnote Text (a paragraph style
applied to the entire note) and Endnote Reference (a character style applied
to the reference number both in the note and in the document). If you have a
style named Endnote, it is a custom or user-defined style.