Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Gary Burton

Default How to restrict footers to sections.

I am trying to combine many Word 2003 documents into one. Each footer
should identify the document from which it came. I am having 2 problems:

* If I start a footer in section 2, it shows up in secton 1, even
through there is a continuous or "next page" section break.
..
* Inserting a section break will cause each footer to identify itself
as applying to a different section when I double-click on the footer. It
also causes the page numbers to start again. However, if I then edit the
text of the footer in one section, it applies to the footers in all
sections.

Can anyone help?
--
Gary Burton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

To have different footers in different sections, you need to break the link
by clicking on the Same as Previous or Link to Previous button on the Header
and Footer toolbar (see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm)

.