Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy T.

Default Section breaks in labels

I am often creating a labels for large mailings (1000 to 2000 labels at a
time) so there are 30 to 75 pages of labels in one document. Every now and
then when I merge to the New Document, Word does not insert the Section Break
between the pages so the top part of the next page's labels appear at the
bottom of the current page. This then continues on every page in the
document. I can't for the life of me figure out why it does this. I am
currently using Word 2000, but it happened on Word 97 in the past. And it's
not just on my computer. I help a woman do labels for a church mailing and it
happens on her computer, too. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix
it? This has been going on for YEARS and it is driving me insane!

TIA,
Nancy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Does it do so if you start Word in safe mode (hold the CTRL key whilst
starting Word)? If it clears then the problem is probably a header (an empty
paragraph?) in normal.dot throwing out the alignment.

Alternatively it could herald a mismatch between the page sizes of the
document and the printer settings. Remove any zoom option in the file
print dialog.

Nancy T. wrote:
I am often creating a labels for large mailings (1000 to 2000 labels
at a time) so there are 30 to 75 pages of labels in one document.
Every now and then when I merge to the New Document, Word does not
insert the Section Break between the pages so the top part of the
then continues on every page in the document. I can't for the life of
me figure out why it does this. I am currently using Word 2000, but
it happened on Word 97 in the past. And it's not just on my computer.
I help a woman do labels for a church mailing and it happens on her
computer, too. Why is this happening and what can I do to fix it?
This has been going on for YEARS and it is driving me insane!

TIA,
Nancy

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nancy T.

I am not using normal.dot for these documents. I have a template set up for
labels. And there are no phantom paragraphs in the header or footer. That is
why it is so confusing as to why this only happens sometimes.