Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Craig Fletcher

Default Placing objects/text outside of margins?

Hello,

I am writing technical documentation and I was wondering if there was a way
to put special characters, etc. outside of the margins that "normally
govern" the rest of the document?

For example, a document will have many paragraphs, and out to the side of
some of them I want to put a big red "E" with a circle around it as to
provide a special "label" to these special document sections.

Thanks,
Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

If this is a graphic, then yes, you can place it outside the margins easily
using the normal text wrapping options. After you've got the graphic
formatted to suit you, save it as an AutoText entry. If this is text, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm