Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jughead 36

Default Word to pdf Conversion

Hello All,
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I am facing a
problem while converting my documents to pdf.
I use Word 2003 for the preparation of the documents and Adobe Acrobat
7.0 Professional for conversion to pdf. Now my problem is that if the
word file is large, around 200 pages or more, Acrobat displays a
message "Do you want PDFMaker to turn off tagging for this document?".
Selecting YES greatly increases the conversion time with no loss to
quality of the pdf file. But for small files this message is not
displayed, and the system sometimes freezes during conversion.
Is there any way to turn off this tagging by default. I know it can't
be done through the Preferences as I have tried it.

Regards
Asad Toor.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John Sutton

Asad,
I believe that the tagging question is posed by the Adobe side, see:
http://studio.adobe.com/us/tips/tip....l=acr6kbtagged
I'd bet, but I'm not sure, that you can find it in your Adobe version
some where.

Best of luck
John
KBS

On 4 May 2006 00:12:16 -0700, "Jughead 36" wrote:

Hello All,
I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I am facing a
problem while converting my documents to pdf.
I use Word 2003 for the preparation of the documents and Adobe Acrobat
7.0 Professional for conversion to pdf. Now my problem is that if the
word file is large, around 200 pages or more, Acrobat displays a
message "Do you want PDFMaker to turn off tagging for this document?".
Selecting YES greatly increases the conversion time with no loss to
quality of the pdf file. But for small files this message is not
displayed, and the system sometimes freezes during conversion.
Is there any way to turn off this tagging by default. I know it can't
be done through the Preferences as I have tried it.

Regards
Asad Toor.

Compare Word to Wordperfect? Joe Santora Microsoft Word Help 1 April 13th 06 05:16 PM
WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How do I set right and left alignment on the same line in Word? Matador Page Layout 1 November 9th 05 08:32 PM