Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
David Gibbons

Default hyperlink within footer

A hyperlink can be inserted in a footer in the usual way in WORD and when
the file is converted to a PDF the link will look as though it has been
converted along with all the other links in the body of the text (ie
underlined and in blue). But it can't perform the necessary actions like the
others do. It can be made to work though by adding a link from the blue text
using Adobe Acrobat. I used the Professional edition version 7.07 and it
works perfectly
David