Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Ash

Default Password protect column

I have a spreadsheet that I have to email to others. The spreadsheet
contains columns that I need/have to hide. Any one knows how I can
password protect and hide a column so that the secretary who presents
the final work does not have access to sensitive info?

--
Ash

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
macropod

Hi Ash,

Hiding a column in Excel doesn't prevent access - just display.

Cheers

"Ash" wrote in message

I have a spreadsheet that I have to email to others. The spreadsheet
contains columns that I need/have to hide. Any one knows how I can
password protect and hide a column so that the secretary who presents
the final work does not have access to sensitive info?

--
Ash

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
CyberTaz

If you are referring to Excel, you can hide the Column(s), then Password
Protect the Worksheet (ToolsProtectionProtect Sheet). Just make sure that
you turn off the Locked Format property (FormatCellsProtection) of any
cells the other users may need to edit.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac