Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert Mileski Robert Mileski is offline

Default Hot to parse RTF String

Hi,

I have a question.

I want to put a string through VBA in Word, which has a "RTF Syntax" in a
Word document, but parsed, that is formatted.

I'll give you an example:

Sub ParseRTF()
Dim txtStr as String

txtStr = "{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\f charset0
MS Sans Serif;}}\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1031\b\f0\fs17 This is an example of
a String in RTF Format\par }"

End Sub

So, now I have a String with RTF. The problem is now, how can I put this
text in a Word Document, but it should be pasted already formated, not just
as a plain text.

One way of doing this, is putting the String in a .rtf File, and then using
this command: Selection.InsertFile FileName:="C:\TEST.rtf", Link:=True

But I don't want to use a file, because of the time doing a disk read. I
want to paste the formatted string in the document directly.

I want to do this, because I have an MS Access Database, where I store the
RTF Strings in Memo Fields. I want to read them from the database, and
formatted, put them in a document.

Every help will be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Robert Mileski

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh] is offline

Answered in another group

On 14/1/07 4:55 AM, in article ,
"Robert Mileski" wrote:

[...]

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Robert Mileski Robert Mileski is offline

Yes, I did post it in many groups. And thanks to that, I got many different
ways to solve the problem, which I did.

Anyway, I don't see any of yours answers contributing to this discussion?!

Best regards,

Robert Mileski

"Jezebel" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
PeterMcC PeterMcC is offline

Robert Mileski wrote in

Yes, I did post it in many groups. And thanks to that, I got many
different ways to solve the problem, which I did.

Anyway, I don't see any of yours answers contributing to this
discussion?!

You might want to have a look at this - the advice in it should help you get
better responses if you feel that your query is applicable to a range of
newsgroups.

Essentially, you multi-posted when cross-posting would have served your
purposes better.

http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html#how

--
PeterMcC