Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jason Gay Jason Gay is offline

Default Keep With Next Formatting Issue

Helllo,

I have a customer using Microsoft Office 2003. They are experiencing an
issue with Word 2003 when using the Keep with Next feature. When selecting
Keep with Next on a piece of text formatted as Heading1, all Heading1
formatted text throughout the entire document end up selected as Keep with
Next. This occurs on paragraphs, other headings, etc., and happens on
multiple computers in the office, not just one. The desired result is that
when selecting Keep with Next, only that particular selected item will Keep
with Next. I'm not much of a Word Guru and more of a Network guy. Any help
that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jason Gay, MCSE, MCSA
Technical Services Manager
Thrive Networks, Inc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Hello Jason

Jason Gay wrote:
I have a customer using Microsoft Office 2003. They are experiencing an
issue with Word 2003 when using the Keep with Next feature. When
selecting Keep with Next on a piece of text formatted as Heading1, all
Heading1 formatted text throughout the entire document end up selected
as Keep with Next.

See:

Formatting applied to one paragraph affects the entire document (by
Suzanne Barnhill)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm

Word is always making changes I don't expect. How can I get more control
over my formatting? (by Suzanne S. Barnhill and Dave Rado)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Note, however, that Headings 1-4 are formatted as "Keep with next" by
default. It is assumed that you will want to keep a heading with the body
text that follows it.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote in message
Hello Jason