Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
OfficeNDN OfficeNDN is offline

Default Multiple Languages on one document

I have a resume that has a problem.

When I reveal formatting/Font/Language there is "(Asian) Chinese (PRC)"
listed as a language for my document. Also listed is "(Other) English
(US)" as a language on my document.

There doesn't seem to be any damage done or anything at all to my
document but I would like to know how to get my document to be in
English-only, just in case I have to send my resume in electronic
format (e-mail). How do I get the "(Asian) Chinese (PRC)" to not be
listed as a language on my document.

Any help you could give me is appreciated.

--
OfficeNDN
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Ctrl+A to Select All, then go to Tools | Language | Set Language and change
the language to English (US). Clear the check box for "Detect language
automatically" as a precaution.

"OfficeNDN" wrote in message

I have a resume that has a problem.

When I reveal formatting/Font/Language there is "(Asian) Chinese (PRC)"
listed as a language for my document. Also listed is "(Other) English
(US)" as a language on my document.

There doesn't seem to be any damage done or anything at all to my
document but I would like to know how to get my document to be in
English-only, just in case I have to send my resume in electronic
format (e-mail). How do I get the "(Asian) Chinese (PRC)" to not be
listed as a language on my document.

Any help you could give me is appreciated.

--
OfficeNDN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Hi NDN

OfficeNDN wrote:
[..]
how to get my document to be in
English-only, just in case I have to send my resume in electronic
format (e-mail).

FWIW, unless specifically asked for Word (doc) format, I'd much rather
convert the document to a PDF (with all fonts included).

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
Ctrl+A to Select All, then go to Tools | Language | Set Language and
change
the language to English (US). Clear the check box for "Detect language
automatically" as a precaution.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"OfficeNDN" wrote in message
...-

I have a resume that has a problem.

When I reveal formatting/Font/Language there is "(Asian) Chinese
(PRC)"
listed as a language for my document. Also listed is "(Other)
English
(US)" as a language on my document.

There doesn't seem to be any damage done or anything at all to my
document but I would like to know how to get my document to be in
English-only, just in case I have to send my resume in electronic
format (e-mail). How do I get the "(Asian) Chinese (PRC)" to not be
listed as a language on my document.

Any help you could give me is appreciated.

--
OfficeNDN-

OK I did the "set language" option that you suggested. It only worked
part of the way. In the first half of the document the Asian language
(with English listed also) is still listed but after the halfway point
the only language listed is English. What gives?

--
OfficeNDN